Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce


I found this recipe on www.skinnytaste.com.  They are delicious and healthy.  I serve them over asian noodles and stir-fried veggies.  I make extra sauce to season the noodles and veggies too.

Meatball Ingredients:

1/4 c panko crumbs
1 1/4 lbs. lean ground turkey
1 egg
1 T minced ginger (I grate mine)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t salt
1/4 c chopped cilantro
3 scallions, chopped
1 T low sodium soy sauce
2 t sesame oil

Dipping Sauce:
4 T low sodium soy sauce
2 t sesame oil
2 T lime juice
2 T water
1 T chopped scallion

Preheat oven to 500*.  

Mix meatball ingredients until well-combined.  Shape 1/4 cup of mixture into a ball and place on cookie sheet (I line mine with tin foil to make clean-up easy).  Repeat with remaining mixture.  Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes (keep and eye on them, they may not take that long).

Mix dipping sauce ingredients and spoon over meatballs.  

No comments: