Monday, January 6, 2014

Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce

This is one of my favorite recipes! It's super easy and even my picky eater kids like it!!! It makes quite a bit of sauce so I like to serve it with noodles and pour the sauce over the noodles!! I just saw a similar recipe to this where they added rotel to the sauce! I'm going to try it next time! =)


  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 4 chicken breasts cut into halves (8 pieces)
  • 1/4 cup margarine
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 cups whipping cream
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese

  • Optional: I like to pound and flatten the chicken out a little so it cooks evenly throughout.
  • Place milk and bread crumbs in seperate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs. In a skillet over medium heat cook chicken in butter until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and keep in a 9x13 pan in the oven on warm.
  • Add chicken broth to skillet and stir to loosen up browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, basil, and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and whisk in parmesan cheese. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.

No comments: