Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dijon Chicken Linguine with Mushrooms and Toasted Almonds

I found this recipe one day while perusing Pinterest and I am so glad I did.  Really delicious!  It is my go-to recipe for when company is coming and I want to impress.  I copied it from www.rockrecipes.blogspot.com.

Serves 4

Package of linguini, cooked
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup mushrooms
3 T olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper to season
1/2 c toasted, slivered almonds

Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium low heat.  Add chicken breasts, garlic, season with salt and pepper, and continue to fry the chicken until completely cooked.

Remove chicken from pan and hold in warm oven (I just keep mine on the counter but cover it with aluminum foil)

Add to the pan:
4 oz white wine

Simmer until volume is reduced by half. Then add:
2 c whipping cream
3 T dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to season

On each plate, place noodles, chicken, sauce, and top with toasted almonds slivers. Yum!



No comments: