Sunday, January 12, 2014

Creamy pesto pasta

We had this for dinner tonight and not only is it SO easy but it is SO good! We had my parents over and they loved it! I got this recipe from my awesome neighbor Leilani and have made it a few times! It's a hit every time!

1 box pasta (I use Penne)
1 16 oz Alfredo sauce 
1/3 C pesto sauce (I usually add a tad more than 1/3 cup cause I like pesto)
1 C cooked and shredded chicken breast. You can also use a rotisserie chicken. (I like to boil and shred a bunch of chicken at once and freeze it in bags. That way I just pull it out, let it thaw and throw it in.)
1 red pepper chopped 
1/2 green pepper chopped (the original recipe only called for a red pepper but I add green cause it's pretty and I like peppers)
shredded or grated Parmesan cheese

Boil and drain noodles and pour in baking dish
mix alfredo sauce, pesto, cooked chicken, and chopped peppers in bowl
pour mixture over pasta and mix altogether
sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese on top (just however much you want)
cover with foil and bake at 325 for about 20-30 minutes

Serve with salad and garlic bread! =)

No comments: